Monday, January 18, 2010

SPRING SPRUNG


One of my favourite pieces of furniture is this Centurion by Paragon tray table. I inherited one which followed me all through college and sadly got lost in the my student apartment. I was re-united a few years ago when I spotted one under a load of boxes in a market in London and is now one of the pieces on the website I get most enquiries about. Winner of the Good Housekeeping Design Award 1957, the Centurion is made of bent beech with a choice of walnut or mahogany veneer. The handles flip to the side and fold the sprung legs underneath and hey presto! a tray! Apparently it was the ideal present for weddings, birthdays and Christmas. Most people are surprised to discover the beautiful Scandinavian streamlined modern shape was actually made by Doherty & Sons in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment